THE PRIMARY AIM OF THE INTEGRATED STRUCTURE FOR ROCKET ENGINE MANUFACTURING IS TO ENSURE CONSUMERS THAT OUR PRODUCTS:
Manufacturing and delivery meet the requirements of contracts and agreements;
Comply with industrial, national and global standards;
Are manufactured in accordance with design and technical documentation.
JSC “NPO Energomash”’s quality management system (QMS) has successfully passed audit (a scheduled, yearly inspection), administered by the certifying body Aerospace Technologies Certification Centre CJSC. Audits of the enterprise’s QMS by foreign customers confirm that the enterprise currently has a high-standard quality management system, enabling the enterprise to fulfil the obligations it has taken on.
Fundamentals of Quality Management System (FQMS) of JSC “NPO Energomash” has successfully passed the audit (a scheduled, annual inspection) of CJSC “Aerospace Technologies Certification Centre” certification authority. Foreign Customer’s Audits of the enterprise’s FQMS confirm that the existing FQMS is of a high-standard level, which enables the enterprise to fulfil the undertaken obligations.
To improve the FQMS, a Quality Coordination Council (QCC) was established within the integrated structure (IS) which aim is:
- Development and implementation of a common policy, access to maximizing the enterprises’ potential, and their involvement in IS’ goals in the area of quality achievement;
- Support in setting up of the corporate regulatory background conforming to the national regulatory documentation, as well as to the world rocket engineering leaders’ documentation;
- Informing the IS Management on production quality and reliability status.
Currently, work has been initiated to develop a list of corporate regulatory documentation (fundamentals of the Integrated Structure (IS) quality management system) and an agreement to conduct specialists’ joint training in quality area.
Taking into account unequal levels of competence in the area of FQMS of the IS enterprises personnel, and in terms of resources consolidation, training of the personnel from PJSC “Proton-PM”, JSC KBKhA, and from other rocket engineering cooperation (not incorporated into the IS yet) has been arranged at JSC “NPO Energomash”. A program on senior managers and specialists’ training on quality management issues has been approved.
One of the stages to create a new system shall be the development of “The Program for Strategic Development of FQMS for IS Enterprises by 2020”. The Program includes the following areas:
- determination and concurrence of goals and tasks, as well as of key quality indicators;
- implementation of a concurrent system to account quality costs;
- implementation of concurrent requirements and criteria for the quality of products procured by IS enterprises;
- development and implementation of enterprise-wide standards which delineate the IS FQMS processes and their interaction;
- preparation to certify the enterprises in accordance with the requirements of GOST R EN9100;
- approval of a program to train enterprises’ personnel of all levels in accordance with the FQMS requirements;
- introduction of the staff motivation program to achieve the results in the area of quality;
- implementation of the automatic deviations record beginning with Design and Technical Documentation within production stage;
- implementation of additional operations for photo- and video-monitoring, as well as implementation of new non-destructive control methods;
- development of the program on automation of test equipment, as well as of equipment for monitoring and recording test results.
An important stage of the corporate FQMS development is exchange of experience and of quality management best practices within IS enterprises. Continuous exchanges of regulatory and methodological FQMS documentation, as well as personal interaction between specialists take place.
Within the corporate FQMS concept, an annual audit for technological processes, metrological support and the fundamentals of quality management system (FQMS) at IS enterprises is scheduled.
High performance of the engines developed by JSC “NPO Energomash” makes it possible to develop rocket systems with the required performance. Within joint projects, JSC “NPO Energomash” provided successful solutions to complicated scientific and technical issues appearing when using the engines as a part of LVs and in the course of component tests.
I wish JSC “NPO Energomash” team future creative success, prosperity, and well-being.
Nobody has such perfect engines...